The next time you log in to RefWorks, you'll see a new login screen. The publisher of RefWorks has created a new interface for it, with new features:
• Subfolders—for creating folders within folders that keep information organized and easy to share.
• Folder de-duplication—for de-duping within a single folder to remove multiple occurrences of a reference.
• Limiting fields in shared items—for sharing only the desired references and information with colleagues. Account owners will be able to choose which fields to show for each share.
• Combined Folders and Sharing page—for improved display on one screen. Easier than ever to manage folders and decide which ones to share.
• Keyboard navigation of interface items—for compatibility with Assistive Technologies in accordance with the American Disability Act.
If you wish to use the Classic interface instead of the 2.0 interface, you can choose to do that - until the end of 2011; at that time only the 2.0 interface will remain available. To choose it, log in to your RefWorks account and choose the RefWorks Classic link at the top right of the screen. Your account will remain on the Classic interface (except for the login screen), until you choose to use the 2.0 interface by clicking that link at top of the screen when logged in to your account. Note that the features above are not available in the Classic interface.
The RefWorks login page has links to a 2.0 quick start guide, Flash tutorial, and a workbook, so you can familiarize yourself with the new interface. If you have any questions, please contact your subject librarian.