WU Libraries are hosting a reading and exhibition opening Thursday, November 20, at 6 p.m., in Olin Library's Ginkgo Reading Room. This celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Libraries' Modern Literature Collection (LMC), which now includes work by more than 175 writers, presses, and journals.
RSVP if you plan to attend. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-935-5418. Leave your name and the number of people in your party.
Faculty members, fellows, and alumna from the English and Performing Arts will read from work by authors represented in the MLC:
* Mary Jo Bang reading Elizabeth Jennings
* Rob Henke, Andrea Urice, and Julia Walker performing Samuel Beckett
* Blair Johnson reading James Merrill
* Marshall Klimisewiski reading William Gaddis
* Paul Legault reading Robert Creeley
* Ariel Lewis reading Robert Coover
* Carl Phillips reading May Swenson
* Henry Schvey and Sarah Palay reading Tennessee Williams
A new exhibition -- Modern Literature Collection: The First 50 Years -- now fills the display cases in the Ginkgo Room and adjacent Grand Staircase Lobby through February 2015. It tells the history of the MLC's development and highlights some of its remarkable holdings. A digital version of the exhibition is at:http:\\digital.wustl.edu/mlc50.