BrowZine Trial - BrowZine is an iPad app with the look and feel of the iTunes bookstore, except it is for library journals. As you can see in the screenshot below, each journal title appears on the “bookshelf”.
Users can click to open the journal and browse the articles. The trial, which runs through October 15, is for a limited set of content and does not represent all of our journal holdings, but hopefully it will give you a sense of how the app would work, were the library to purchase it. With BrowZine you can:
- Browse titles by subject to easily find journals of interest
- Easily view table of contents of current past journals
- Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals (when users add a journal title to their personal bookshelves, they are subsequently alerted when new articles appear in that journal – similar to an RSS feed).
- Save articles to Zotero, Dropbox, and other services
- Share with other researchers by posting to Facebook, Twitter and more
To download the app, you can search for and download BrowZine in the App Store or click the link here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/browzine-open-access-edition/id463787411?mt=8 There is a video demo of the product here: http://thirdiron.com/browzine-ipad-app/video/ Please send me your questions and feedback before October 15th.