Syllabi Central is an SIS application for the storage and display of class syllabi. It features an intuitive web site that makes it easy for faculty or administrators to upload a syllabus. Links to these syllabi are included in University applications such as Course Listings to make it easy for students to see a syllabus when they are searching for courses. Students want to be able to review a syllabus for courses they are considering taking. Syllabi are rarely available three to four months in advance when students are preparing for registration, but by accessing an archive of past syllabi, students can make better informed decisions about courses in which they are interested. Other benefits of a central syllabi archive are:
- A resource for departments/schools during accreditation and curriculum planning.
- A resource for subject librarians and other course staff in helping faculty with course materials and planning.
- A resource for University archivists.
- A resource for new faculty.
- An easy way for faculty to distribute the syllabus to a class (every syllabus has a unique URL).