BrowZine [mobile app for journal browsing] now connects to Get it! for easy interlibrary loan requests when embargoes or other problems impede access to fulltext of a particular article. A version of BrowZine for the web which can synced with your mobile app is reportedly coming soon.
Lots of posts of possible interest on Scholarly Communications @ WU Libraries this month:
- ORCiD, Open Researcher and Contributor ID
- June news bits: Metrics & impact, journal publishing, advice for writers to increase citations and more interesting reading
- Reproducibility and transparency in science
- Recommended survey on innovative tools supporting research workflows
- Using Open as a Selling Point for an Academic Career