>>Highly recommended: I like this post,written by Carly Strasser at the California Digital Library, so much I'm putting it on all my blogs this month:
The 10 Things Every New Grad Student Should Do
>>A guide to history of medicine resources: Image collections, podcasts, videos, and more, by Jolie Braun in November 2014 College & Research Libraries News vol. 75 no. 10 574-577. Nice collection of links.
>>REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Coming in February 26-28, 2015: Vesalius and the Invention of the Modern Body Interdisciplinary symposium will celebrate the 500-year anniversary of the birth of Andreas Vesalius co-hosted by Saint Louis University and Washington University. There have been a few updates to Fall 2014 talks at WU on the history of science, medicine, technology.
>>Looking for entertainment at home for yourself or children over intersession? Check out this collection of streaming videos: Streaming films from Criterion on Demand added
>>Posts on Scholarly Communications @ WU Libraries in October and November:
- Selected open access, peer review, data & publishing news from November 2014
- Journal of American Indian & Alaska Native Health
- OpenCon 2014 the Student and Early Career Researcher Conference on Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data
- Selected open access week posts and other OA news
- Georgia State reserves copyright decision