The Libraries are trialing De Gruyter's Verfasser-Datenbank, a database of reference materials which provides comprehensive information about literary authors and works in German-speaking world from the Middle Ages to the present.
The database is comprised of articles from the following
- Verfasserlexikon : die deutsche Literatur des Mittelalters, 2. Aufl. (1977-2008)*
- Verfasserlexikion : deutscher Humanismus 1480-1520
- Verfasserlexikon : Frühe Neuzeit in Deutschland 1520-1620 (2011- )*
- Killy Literaturlexikon (2008-2012)**
- search all of these reference works at once
- targeted searching by era, title of work, literary author, manuscripts, places of printing, and literature references
- updated bibliographical references beyond those produced in the print versions
TRIAL ACCESS is available both on and off-campus. An email has been sent to Dept email lists with the access URL. You can also contact Brian for the URL. Trial access will expire on December 1, 2014.